Alpine Securities Corporation (Alpine), understands that privacy is an important issue for our customers, We place a high priority on the protection of personal information that you provide to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal financial information. Please be aware that this policy applies to former customers as well as current customers and to customers of correspondent broker dealers for which we clear transactions.
We do not disclose personal information to nonaffiliated third parties, unless one of the following applies:
- Alpine discloses information to service providers that assist us in processing your transactions or servicing your account. An example would be the company that prints and mails your account statements.
- Alpine discloses personal information if required by law. An example would be providing information to industry regulators, to law enforcement agencies, for fraud prevention, or to resolve customer .
- Alpine shares information with our affiliates in order to serve you more efficiently and make it more convenient for you to do business with us. We are permitted by law to share information with our affiliates about your account history. Our affiliates have similar privacy policies.
How Information Is Obtained
Information collected by us may come from the following sources:
- Account Applications – information received from you such as your name, address, telephone number, social security number, occupation, income, etc. Because we strive to provide the best service to you, it is important to keep this information complete and accurate. Please contact your account representative if you need to update or correct this personal information.
- Transactions – information relating to trading, account balances, positions, etc.
- Other sources – information which may be received from other sources with your consent.
How You Are Protected
Alpine uses physical, electronic and procedural system safeguards to store and secure information about you in compliance with federal standards. Our system protects your information from unauthorized access and use. Access is permitted only to those individuals within our organization who need the information to perform their job responsibilities.
Alpine provides you with a copy of this policy when you open an account, and we send you notifications annually thereafter. If we change this policy or find it necessary to disclose your personal information in a way that is inconsistent with this policy, we will notify you in advance and give you the opportunity to “opt out” of such disclosure.
Alpine thanks you for your continued support and for your business. Again, we reiterate our pledge to protect your privacy as outlined above.